This ministry is primarily responsible for all of the Bible classes conducted at Western Hills. This includes the regular classes (for all age groups) being conducted on Sunday mornings and Wednesday night. This ministry is responsible for special classes and programs such as:
- Classes for the Laotian membership
- Special Children’s programs
- Vacation Bible School
- Ladies & Men’s Bible Class and Retreats
- Leadership Training for Christ
This ministry shall work under the oversight of the elders and the elders will approve all teacher selection, material selection, and curriculum.
This ministry shall also be responsible for the Teacher’s Resource Room. The Teacher’s Resource room will contain supplies and equipment to be used by the teachers.
The Education Committee shall be established to carry out the Education Ministry duties. The elders will rotate each year as chairman of the committee. This committee will have regular monthly meetings to discuss and plan various activities. Teachers meetings will be conducted as needed to solicit opinions and give moral support. Teacher training classes will be held as needed and teachers will be encouraged to attend training classes and workshops.
The collective cooperation of this ministry will determine the budget needs for the coming year. This ministry will monitor itself to stay within the current budget.
The Education Ministry operates under its Operating Manual Guidelines which are approved by the elders.
- Bible Class Teacher- Bible class teachers are needed for classes from nursery to adult. At all age levels the teacher is asked to be in their classroom at least 10 minutes before class begins. The teacher is responsible for the instruction provided during the class period. For the classes at the preschool and elementary level the teacher will be provided curriculum for their class.
- Bible Class Assistant- The Bible class assistant helps the teacher in the Bible class to which they are assigned.
- Substitute Bible Class Teacher- This person is willing to step in and teach in the absence of the regular teacher.
- Work in Teacher Resource Room- The persons working in the resource room file and organize the supplies in the resource room and help teachers find needed supplies for their classes.
- Attendance Count- Go from class to class Sunday or Wednesday during Bible class and counting the number of people present in each class. Will also be responsible for ringing bell in the educational building and in the main building 5 minutes prior to the class end and at the class ending time.
- Nursery Volunteer- Care for babies in the nursery during worship services
- VBS Teacher- Teach a Bible class during VBS
- VBS Helper- Help during the week of VBS as a group leader, kitchen helper or in some other way to work with the children
- Decorate for VBS- Help design and paint backdrops, put up hall decorations and bulletin boards
- Children and Youth
- Youth – Middle School
- Youth – High School
- Sunday Classes
- Wednesday Classes
- Ladies Classes
- Men’s Classes
- New Converts
- Support Groups
- Children and Youth
- Teacher’s Resource Room
- Teacher Training & Recognition
- Workshops, Seminars, Special Events